So the lovely Hannah Heath complied a list of seven common characters in YA. So if you want to write, make your characters exciting!
This list includes:
- The character that is full of “teen angst.” Yuck
- The girl that’s pretty, but doesn’t realize it until a boy tells her so. Thanks 1D
- Character’s involved in love triangles #TeamEdward #TeamJacob
- The Chosen One There can only be Harry
- The one with horrible parents. Okay we get it.
- The “strong” female character. Not everyone can conquer the world with an eyebrow raise and strong resolve
- The brooding bad boy. Go smoke and set fires somewhere else