Saturday, August 15, 2015

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag


So I found this book tag on YouTube and it was started by The Book Archer.
This tag is about expressing some of your feelings toward books or series that may not be looked upon favorably by others.

Remember, these are just my opinions. Sorry if I mention a series you like. And hopefully I don't spoil anything for you.


1. A popular book or series that you didn't like

 


The Wolves of Mercy Falls and the Beautiful Creatures Series will have to top the cake for this one.
I could NOT get through Shiver. I've never been so bored with a book in my life. I was intrigued with the summary, but once it came to reading the book, it did not live up to my expectations.
I loved Beautiful Creatures! It was the rest of the series that I couldn't stand.


2. A popular book or series that everyone else seems to hate, but you love



Now I don't love this book, and the writing is atrocious, but I liked it and it really grabbed my attention. This would be none other than the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. 80% of the time I was laughing at the writing and comparing it to Twilight but I'm not with everyone else on the FSG hating bandwagon. I think hating the trilogy is just a cool thing to do, like loving Justin Bieber or 1D.


3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with a different person than you wanted to or an OTP you did not like. (Warn for spoilers)



I'm going to go with Edward and Bella from Twilight. I just don't like them together. I was totally Team Jacob, and yes I understand he serves his purpose in the end and doesn't really need Bella. And that's cool.

As an OTP I just don't like them together. I don't like them even if they aren't together.


4. A popular book genre you hardly reach for

Historical Fiction, Dystopian, and Contemporary.

Now I have read several books from each of these genres and loved them. I just don't jump up and down for them really.

5. A popular or beloved character that you didn't like

Katniss was never a character that I wanted to be one of my best friends. I didn't hate her character, she was just alright. Got on my nerve sometimes

6. A popular author you can't seem to get into



SORRY. SORRY. SORRYYY. John Green. I can't get into his books, I may like the cover of his books  but once I read the synopsis I put it back down and walk away

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing (ex. 'lost princess', corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
"I'm so ugly. I'm thin with long blonde hair and big blue eyes. Oh what to do?" Just stop it. That's the western beauty standard. Let's get real. I'd like to see more diversity. Let's describe a character with tan or chocolate skin. Maybe with almond shaped eyes and curly hair.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading

The Selection Series because the ENTIRE thing was spoiled for me. But it was my fault and the way it happened was hilarious.

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what T.V. show or movie adaptation do you prefer to the book?





Hm. This is hard because I have none. There are only a few movies I saw without reading the book. Any other time I hate the movie and usually want a refund of some sort. But my best friend watched Vampire Diaries and read the first few books. Many people also say that the show is better than the books. Sooooo I shall take their word for it

No comments:

Post a Comment